Friday, December 22, 2017

What mistakes did you commit during your JEE preparation?


Well guys, In my view I am probably best placed to answer this for two reasons though it may not sound great!

I did almost all the possible mistakes and missed the JEE wagon Seen students committing several types of mistakes over my past few years of teaching at a coaching institution which has produced both Advanced toppers (like below 100s) as well as those who missed it Now coming to the crux of it, for me there are 5Ds that kill the JEE aspirations of students. Here they are..

Distractions: You name it as TV, Movies, Sports or Friends and rest (free to include whatever is relevant) when come into your JEE preparation way in a proportion that is more than palatable.

Delays: Whether it is delay in taking up tasks or starting things that would kill the momentum and vigour

Deviations: Having taken a choice of institution or guide students should just stick with it and go till the completion of course. Often we keep hearing about better guide or better strategies or better advices that deviate us and land us in no man's land.

Desperation-detachment cycles: Some students would have more than normal frequency of these which would mean two or three complete night outs followed by one weak of complete peace... Not the right way if JEE is your real target

Death mode: While I use word at CONCEPTREE, some of my own colleagues criticize me. But I mean it. I received only one genuine accord for this thought from one Mr Laxmanan sir who is a senior Mathematics trainer from Kota now with my institution.

What I describe as "death mode" of preparation is, after all JEE is about practice and self analysis should be given more emphasis than the classes itself. While theory sessions would help you get the clarity on concepts and ideas, only by solving more numericals and practice sets you would be able to master the topic. Some students from beginning till end just continue in a mode where they would shy away from the practice part and self analysis.

I say JEE is closer to those who don't shy away from spending even 2–3 hours of hard thinking exploring various methods to solve the problem than those who immediately jump to google it or rush to a tutor. I am denying the need for doubt clarification or support but not at the cost of nullifying your thinking efforts.

Hope this is useful guys.

For more such informative articles from me and my colleagues, do visit our blog at www.conceptreelearning.com

Regards
Vivek Singh
Mathematics Faculty, CONCEPTREE Learning

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
^ Scroll to Top